Thursday, February 21, 2013

THE SECRET TO FEBRUARY SUCCESS

February’s issues had a successful career theme,

- Closet Confidential was five pages dedicated to fashion’s hottest bloggers.
- Transformers showcased 10 different women who are “raising the bar in female achievement”

- Lead from Where You Are, a heap of advice on how to be a leader.

- Power Dressers, profiled thirteen of Australia’s busiest women on how they tailor their clothes to their careers

- Groomed for Success, style tips from successful women.

- Office Romance, a look into the two different beautiful officers.

- Give You Finances a Face Lift, tips on how to take control of your money matters.
- It’s All in a Day’s Work, followed the 9 to 5 workday of an artist relations manager, paediatric trainee and a womenswear manager.

- Woman of Influence, the Telstra business women’s award.

This issue is the exact reason why women’s refuges don’t accept women’s magazines. It either could be taken as inspiring and motivational or depressing and demoralising, a double edged sword. It did make me wonder about ‘inspiration’, where we get it and who we get it from?
I realised this month that I’m an inspirational fridge’a. I collect pictures and quotes (usually cut out of newspapers and magazines) and stick them on my fridge. In my last house, my flat mate and I covered our fridge doors until they disappeared under a collage of entertaining cut-outs and butterfly magnets.
 
And the house I’m in now, the fridge theme, ‘the summer of love’


I believe collecting images that spark a thought, that’s positive or amusing, should be kept. Positive affirmations, stick them on the fridge, that’s my advice. The other thing I do is arrange the most creatively inspiring images on my bedroom wall, or stick them down on cardboard.

I found the article on Office Romance inspiring and Holly Garber in Power Dressers, but for me, that was about it. So I went through February's issue of Marie Claire, cover to cover and every time I thought ‘that’s inspiring’, I cut it out. I had quotes like “are you ready to jump out of bed and have a spring in your step?” and “celebrate today.” I cut out images of fruit, girls with amazing eyeliner and books. I had a stack of images, quotes and colours. Then I arranged the best together to create something that is personally inspiring – an inspiration board.


So before you throw out your magazine, flick back through, and cut out and keep the images you find inspirational.


AM

No comments:

Post a Comment